This video includes essential techniques for improving the overall sound, feel, look and playability of a steel stringed acoustic guitar. Al Markasky, a professional luthier with over thirty years of experience, shares his accumulated knowledge and demonstrates his carefully refined setup and maintenance techniques. This video was shot on three cameras for maximum visual coverage and includes high quality 3D computer animation for reference, as well as notation of standard and metric measurements used during setup.
1. Neck Adjustment
2. Filing Nut Slots
2b. Raising a Low Nut
3. Raising a Low Saddle
3b. Lowering a High Saddle
1. Restringing a Guitar
2. Cleaning a Dirty Fret Board
3. Cleaning a Dirty Fret Board (Razor Blade)
1. Truss Rod Explained
2. Guitar Anatomy
3. Steve Visits Al
This video details includes essential techniques for improving the overall sound, feel, look and playability of an electric guitar or bass. Al Markasky, a professional luthier and shop owner with over thirty years of experience, shares his accumulated knowledge and demonstrates his carefully refined and perfected Five Step Setup™ technique. This video was shot on three cameras for maximum visual coverage and includes visual notation of both standard and metric measurements used during setup.
Topics covered include
- Neck Assessment and Adjustment
- Nut Adjustment (Filing down Slots)
- Nut Adjustment (Raising a Low Nut)
- Setting Action at the Bridge (on a Fender Style Bridge)
- Setting Into nation Properly (on a Fender Style Bridge)
- Setting Pickup Height
- Special Considerations for Bass
- Cleaning a Dirty Fretboard (with Naptha)
- Cleaning a Dirty Fretboard (with a Razor Blade)
- Cleaning out Potentiometers
- Notes on Pickups and Electronics
- Guitar Anatomy 101
- Mike and Ron Visit Al (Ron and Mike Visit Al and play Autumn Leaves and an up tempo Blues Number)
Are you ready to make your guitar sound 100% better?
If the answer is yes, then don’t wait to buy a Fret MD DVD on guitar setup. Our DVDs will show you how to unlock the true potential of your guitar or bass. There is absolutely no reason to put up with fret buzz, intonation problems, high action or a back bowed guitar neck anymore!
Simply the Best Guitar Setup DVDs Available . . .
Our DVDs are packed with insight, secrets and tips. Both DVDs are hosted by Al Markasky, a renowned luthier with over thirty years of experience who has delighted everyone from casual players to professional musicians with his exceptional guitar setups. (In our DVDs, Al will share 30 years of secrets and knowledge with you for less than he’d charge to professionally set up your guitar.)
Money Back Guarantee
If you’re still wondering if our DVDs are right for you, why not try them our risk free for 60 days? We’re so confident that you’ll be completely satisfied with your purchase that we’re offering a 60 day money back guarantee. See Details.
Summed Up . . .
So let’s sum it up. We’re offering you:
- The knowledge you need to make your guitar or bass sound 100% better.
- DVDs which will show you how to professionally set up your guitar for less than the price of a professional setup.
- Guitar setup tips, tricks and insights from a professional luthier with over 30 years of hands on experience.
- No nonsense, proven techniques for getting the best sound out of your instrument possible.
- No nonsense, proven techniques to improve the feel of your instrument.
Don’t wait, buy today and you’ll get an additional $5.00 off any purchase made through CreateSpace.com! Get $5.00 –>